Investment strategy / Value creation
A leading player in mid-size LBOs (100 to 500 M€) throughout Continental Europe
Alpha generally takes majority control and invests in companies valued between 100 and 500 M€. Alpha’s equity commitment typically ranges from 50 to 150 M€. Alpha may also consider larger transactions with its own limited partners or other equity providers/houses.
What do we do?
Alpha is pragmatic and opportunistic, with no industry bias. Proven track record to complete successful transactions:
- Leveraged buy-out transactions,
- Family successions / transitions
- Public to Private transactions
- Spin-off of large corporations
- Majority shareholder
- Exceptionally, minority shareholding but only under certain conditions
Family owned businesses
What do we look for?
- Global businesses with underlying, sustainable long term fundamentals
- Innovative businesses disrupting their industry
- Companies that generally enjoy strong strategic positions on their market
- Growth potential (both organic and external)
- Underperformers but where we have a clear investment rationale
- Seasoned, ambitious and entrepreneurial management teams
How do we create value?
- Accelerating organic growth
- Strategic game changing acquisitions
- Management reinforcement
- Cash flow optimization (Balance sheet / Financial structure / Working capital)
- Cost structure improvement